Monday, July 2, 2007

June 30th-July 2nd


~The picture shown is the landslide caused in 1959 by a 7.3 Richter Scale earthquake...killing 28 people and damming up the Madison River to form 'Quake Lake~

Wow is it crazily busy around here! I have never seen so many people in this area all summer. It's 4th of July week, which is pretty much the busiest week we have all summer! There's huge 40 ft. RV's parked all over the place (even in the parking lot for our dorm...taking up almost 1/2 of our employee parking spaces!)

I can't believe how fast this summer is going. I mean, it's half over for me. I've been here for 7 weeks, and I have 5-6 weeks left (I'm not exactly sure...I leave the first week of August). I still have so much stuff I want to see! I've been making it a point to do some of that stuff. I've been rafting twice and to a few rodeos so far (with 2 more this week). I still want to go horseback riding, but need to find time to do it (maybe when Kourtney comes out on the 17th!)

I've been a little homesick lately, mostly because KidsFest is starting at OHC this week and it's the first time in 6 years I haven't had something to do with it. It's kinda sad, but my mom is volunteering and my cousin Kayla is going to be a first time camper...so there are still St. Esprit's involved!

I have the next 2 days off luckily, so Spencer and I are taking some Colombians out to show them the surrounding towns (plus I'm in desperate need of a Wal-Mart run for drinks, chips, and some computer stuff).

Honestly...not a lot has been going on. Today I hiked along Nez Perce Creek and climbed this huge hill....at the top of the hill I climbed a rock face and sat on this rock ledge high above the other hills and just was looking at mountains in 360 degrees all around me. It was a gorgeous view...I took some time up there and just did some praying. I mean, I've been granted so many good things in life and I take them all for granted....not realizing they could easily be taken away from me...so I took some time and really just thanked God for all He's given me these past 2 months being out here.

Just so everyone knows, I can receive calls and texts, so those are always appreciated! HAHA

Love you all. Keep me in your prayers and you shall all be in mine!

No comments: