Monday, May 28, 2007

May 28th!


Today was yet another great day in Yellowstone. Besides the fact that I had to work from 6:30 until noon (and my boss, Merlin, is an idiot and is mean for no reason and has no clue what he’s doing), it was an amazing day.

After I got off work, I met up with Spencer while he was on his lunch break and then I picked up Maria-Paula and off we went to explore Yellowstone. She doesn’t have a car, so I drove her around. We started off the day by going to Canyon and checking out the Lower Yellowstone Falls from Inspiration Point and Artists Point. These are great places to see a truly amazing and spectacular waterfall. It’s so huge and the canyon is just full of these yellow and red rocks that have been dyed by the chemicals inside of the thermal features that line the canyon walls.

We then moved onto the Upper Falls near the “Brink of the Upper Falls” region and took some good pictures. We saw an amazing rainbow coming in off of the mist. It was a great time there!

Then we decided that, instead of just going back, we were going to finish up the Grand Loop so I decided to take her down the east side of the park towards Lake (where Nydia, Spencer, Nate, and myself were yesterday). We ate dinner at Lake Hotel then walked down to the lake to take some pictures together.

Then we continued to drive onto home. I mean, there wasn’t a ton that went on today but it was just an awesome day. Later on, the Colombians are teaching me to dance Boganato (no clue how to spell that???) and how to correctly drink Tequila. HaHaHaHa, I really love these kids. They’re so much fun.

It was amazing that out of 6 hours spend with Maria-Paula today, we only have probably 3 minutes of silence the whole trip. We talked about everything and she’s just really cool to talk to. She’s definitely a good friend and I’m going to enjoy getting to know her (and all the Colombians!) throughout the whole summer.

I can’t even explain the talks we had today….but they ranged from poverty in Colombia and Americans trying to help, to September 11th, to a range of other things. It was just a great day! I’m looking forward to so many more good times with all the awesome people I’ve met.

Keep me in your prayers and you shall all be in mine!!!!

No comments: