Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The time is drawing near!

Well, it's almost about that time to up and leave home for 3 months. I'll be leaving Saturday...about 4 days away. It seems that noone else is driving out with Shane and I and he's not going to be meeting up with Josh, so he's going to hang around Yellowstone for a couple of days and then I'll take him up to Bozeman, Montana and he can fly home out of there.

I'm so terrified and so nervous about going. It seems at some points I don't even want to go, but I know it's just nerves. I need to just leave and get out there. Experience all that this wonderful land has to offer. I know it's going to be hard to leave home...to leave all that I know and love, but in the long scheme of things, it's only 3 months. But at times I look at it and it seems like "Wow, 3 months. Thats a very long time". I'm hoping it will fly by. Not because I want to get out there and then just come home, but because I want to be having fun, meeting new people, and enjoying myself...knowing that I have a ton of stuff to look forward to when I get home.

I've been preparing my tents and camping gear. I'm taking a 3 person dome tent and a single person Eureka Solitaire backpacking tent. I'm really excited to get to do some overnight hikes. I think it'll be a good time. I got a new digital camera and have been taking some great pictures. Got a new cell phone b/c my old one was becoming really crappy.

There's so much changing, but I'm looking forward to this adventure. I'll be moving away, then when I come home I start a new school...just sooo many new things going on. But I've been putting my faith into God. Been spending a lot of time in prayer and in the Word to just see exactly what He has in store for my life. There's moments where you look at your surroundings...sitting on a mountain top or next to a quiet stream...and you just cannot deny the fact that there is a creator. A man who loves each of us so much and I'm looking forward to spending some time in His wonderful gifts.

No comments: