Friday, June 1, 2007

May 29-June 1


I felt like I should probably update something...but honestly nothing big has happened lately. For the past few days, I've actually been sick so I haven't done any hiking (I know, it's killing me too!). I've spent most of my time hanging out with the Colombians as more and more arrive everyday. I find myself now picking up more and more phrases. Where as before they spoke too fast for me to understand, I am now able to hear certain words and roots of words (many of which are the same in English and French, which I took 5 years), so I can get a general understanding of what they are saying.

We've been hanging out at the Employee Pub a lot, which is fun. Payday was this wednesday, so everyone cashed their checks and went there to drink. It was really busy and very funny to watch all my bosses get totally wasted.

I went to Gardiner with Julio and Monica (both from Bogata, Colombia) the other day because he had to pick up things from his friend who is working for Xanterra up there right outside of the park. It was kind of a boring drive as they kept speaking Spanish, so I just listened to music and enjoyed the views. Saw some nice bull elk with massive 6x6 antlers, as well as plenty of bison. We passed a coyote den where the pups were playing outside, but I didn't manage to see them. There were about 150 photographers lined up, so I stopped to ask a Park Ranger what it was.

The weather has finally seemed to turn warm. For a while, it was snowing and raining but the past couple days have just been beautiful. Today there is not a cloud in the sky and it's in the mid-70's. I finally had another sweatshirt sent out, so I have something to wear when it is cold. I would really appreciate all the mail you can send! You can find the address on YellowstoneJobs.com.

Anywho, thats all for now! I have errands to run and work 1:30-8:30 today in the Bake Shop. I still need to get a fishing license and get my car registered...as well as do laundry so I'm a pretty busy guy!

I love you all! Keep my in your prayers and you'll be in mine!

No comments: