Thursday, June 14, 2007

June 11-14



The picture is Old Faithful b/c I realized I haven't shown any pictures of that!

I'm sorry that these updates are coming so few and far between! I've been extremely busy! On Monday, the 11th, I had my last day as the Shift Lead at the Bake Shop/Ice Cream Parlor. Thank God to be done with that place! That night I just went to a bonfire and hung out with some people and called it a night early (I got 12 1/2 hours of sleep!!)

Tuesday was when all the fun began! Spencer, Dan, Wade, and myself went down to Jackson, Wyoming for the day to look at the ski resort for possible winter jobs (For those who don't know, I'm considering doing the fall semester at school and moving back out here in mid-December to work at the Jackson Hole Ski Resort for the winter). After the resort, we hung out in town and grabbed a quick bite to eat and did some "touristo" things such as shopping, girl watching, and laying in the grass in the park (no grass at Old Faithful..haha and we were walking and were tired so we decided to just lay down). There was an Old West shootout song & dance type of number going on in the streets and it was really funny.

On the way home, we stopped along Jackson Lake in Grand Tetons National Park and watched the sunset...then trucked on home

Wednesday, Wade, Spencer,and myself went to Cody, Wyoming. We hit up the Walmart (you don't realize how much you miss it until you don't have it!) Then we ate some Chinese food (again, you miss it when it's not there) and then just walked down the main street and went into some of the shops. We also went into the Buffalo Bill Museum (5 Old West museums fit into one building...we get in free w/ our Xanterra ID's!) This was mainly to kill time until we went to the Cody Nite Rodeo. It's one of the longest running rodeos in the country and they have it everynight in June, July, and August. It was awesome! There was team roping, calf roping, steer wrestling, bull riding, saddle bronc and bareback bronc, jr. steer riding, barrel racing, and some other events. For you all that know me well, I am a huge rodeo fan and could pretty much watch rodeo all day long and be perfectly happy!

After these past 2 days of driving throughout Wyoming and seeing the Absaroka Mountains, Big Horn Mountains (where Brokeback Mountain was filmed), Grand Tetons, and some more awesome scenery...I just feel like Wyoming in a place where I would eventually like to spend the rest of my days. I don't know how that makes anyone else feel back home reading this, but you just have to see it to believe it! It's gorgeous

Today, I begin the new job and am just doing laundry and stuff! Nothing exciting, but always a good time in Yellowstone!

Keep me in your prayers and ya'll shall be in mine!

No comments: