Sunday, June 10, 2007

June 7-10

More and more work...it's all I've been doing lately! I've had no time for hikes, fishing, or anything....totally not fun! I've been stressing out about it and not enjoying it...so I changed positions.

I gave up the shift manager position in order to be a Night Porter. I work at 6 pm cleaning the Old Faithful Lodge. Most nights I'll be done by 11 (but can stay clocked in until 2!), which is nice because my friends aren't done at work until 10 so noone hangs out until later!

I turned in my volunteer application for the National Park Service and am just waiting to hear something back! I really hope they take me as a volunteer. I mean, as a recreation major there is so many benefits that can come out of having that I volunteered with the National Park Service on my resume (more so than saying "I managed a bake shop and ice cream parlor" haha).

My dad comes out in 6 days...I cannot wait! I have 3 days off with just him and then a few off with him, Megan, and my mom! I cannot wait to see them! It'll have been over a month and I miss them so much! Too bad Shane can't come out, I really wish he could. It was great driving cross country with him and I think he might be driving me home too (there's a battle raging on that one, so I'd rather not make any false promises!)

Apparently there's been a lot of bear sightings lately, but I have not yet managed to see a grizzly! That is my ultimate goal and I really really am hoping that I get to see at least 1! That and wolves! Last night Charlie, Jefferson, and myself went hiking around sunset and we hear a pack of coyotes on the way back that were howling...which was totally awesome! I've never heard that!

We got a new girl in the bake shop who is completely horrible. She has Tourrets (or however u spell it) and will just randomly twitch and swear. I feel bad...but it's bothersome. She told customers her dad thinks she's a lesbian and called our boss a prick to his face....she salutes me and screams all the time. I dunno what to do!!

Gotta go now though...sry no picture! I haven't taken any good ones lately!

Keep me in your prayers and you'll all be in mine!

No comments: